WHERE WE EXCELL
A petrochemical stronghold !
Port-Jérôme is the European chemical and petrochemical stronghold, a place where the major names in the industry have settled since 1930 and it is, today, home to one of Europe’s largest refineries operated by ExxonMobil.
Recognition on a European level
The chemical hub in Port Jérôme has obtained official recognition for the quality of its infrastructure, shared services and networks by the Union of Chemical Industry since 2017
Only ten sites of this kind have been thus officially recognized by the Union.
The Hub’s assets :
- 22 companies on site
- Surface area : 1000 hectares
- A total of 15 000 employees, with 6000 in the chemical industry
- 10 SEVESO sites
- Industrial Certifications : (ISO 9001- ISO 14 001- ISO 50 001- OHSAS 18 001 recognition ANSM)
- Numerous available products : Propane, butane, naphta, essences, kerosene, etc.
- Major electricity and gas networks, pipelines
Accessibility, multimodal transportation offer (rail link, river and sea routes).
An efficient ecosystem and a sector with an international dimension
Oril Industrie, a subsidiary of the Servier Group, is the reference in fine chemistry in the Caux Seine Valley area. A highly innovative company, which works with dynamic local sub-contractors.
Oril industrie in Caux Seine Valley represents :
- 750 employees
- The production of 1600 tons of active principles per year (20 different active principles)
- 50 years‘ expertise in pharmaceutical fine chemistry
- R & D, semi-industrial (clinical batches) and industrial production
- 5 therapeutical fields of expertise: cardiology, oncology, metabolism, rheumatology and neuropsychiatry
Port-Jérôme, the site for logistics in Normandy, provides an excellent location for international commercial trade
Equipped with a multimodal road/rail/river & sea transport hub providing direct access to the private quayside, the logistics’ centre in Port Jérôme has several major advantages among which:
- Over 150000 m² warehouses under use and another 300 000 m² planned for 2019
- Infrastructure, which ensures operational safety
Logistics in Caux Seine Valley in figures
- One of Europe’s lowest levels of congestion on roads in the area
- Easy access to the A13, A28 and A29 motorways
- Increasing sea-river traffic: 7 million tons per year with direct access to the Seine River from private jetties
- 4 airports within 40 to 150 km
At the very heart of France’s 3rd aeronautical region
In Caux Seine Valley, aeronautics is a sector of excellence, with the leader being the Revima group supported by a network of efficient sub-contractors in the fields of mechanics, metallurgy and boiler making
Normandie AeroEspace (NAE), a Norman network of businesses in the aeronautical, space, defense and security industries also contributes to the vitality of this sector. NAE contributes to the promotion of our area, through cooperative programmes (canvassing, employment-recruitment, R & D) aimed at constantly improving our image as the place to do business in this sector
Backing employment and training
Caux Seine Development is only too aware of what its businesses need. This explains the partnership, signed between Revima and the professional Coubertin de Bolbec high school, to create a specific industrial maintenance training programme. The students are trained to meet the requirements of this state-of-the-art industry, thus ensuring their immediate employability
And of course, don’t forget: Normandy is France’s 3rd region for the aeronautical industry!